Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st Qualifiying Final Clarence vs Launceston Teams & Preview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maj
Official Blogger
Maj

1st Qualifiying Final Clarence vs Launceston Teams & Preview Empty
Post1st Qualifiying Final Clarence vs Launceston Teams & Preview

Where & When: Bellerive Oval Saturday, August 21st, 2:10PM
Coverage: ABC1 (Tas),
The Animal Enclosure Forums
http://theanimalenclosure.com/forums/showthread.php?p=828727#post828727
Sportingpulse Progressive Scores
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6694-0-104202-0&sID=128538]

Reserves

1st Qualifying Final
South Launceston vs Clarence 10.10pm

Colts
1st Qualifying Final
North Launceston vs Clarence 12:10am

Teams

Clarence

B: Tim Castle, Gregg Sharman, Rohan Swan

HB:
Jackson O'Brien, cameron Blight, Trent Whitelaw

C: Aaron French, Cameron Thurley, Josh Green

HF:
Jaymes Baker, Matthew Drury, Ben Setchell

F: Trent Standen, Brennan Savage, Stuart Whitelaw

R: Drew Westfield, Adam Green, Clinton Riley

Interchange: Aaron McVilly, Nick Paine, Ryan Bailey, Jesse O'Neal, Matthew Geappen, Angus Brettinghim-Moore, Mitch Baker, Mitch Swan

Launceston

B:
Gary Shipton, Gene Savage, Sam O'Keefe

HB: James Whoolley, Jason Edwards, Beau Green

C: Kurt McCabe, Wil Campbell, Tim Bristow

HF:
Joe Boyce, Adrian Finch, Michael Sinclair

F:
Cameron Downie, Brian Finch, Jordan Harris

R: Andrea Miar, Scott Stephens, Corey Sheppard

Interchange: Luke French, Gary Mohr, Jesse Lonergan, Joe Robinson, Tim Curwen, Broderick Hardarce, Joe Groenewegen

In: Andrea Miar, Joe Robinson, Broderick Hardarce, Jesse Lonergon
Out: James Thurlow

Preview

HEAD TO HEAD

Round 5 2009 - Clarence 8.20 (68) def. Launceston 10.7 (67) – Bellerive Oval
Round 6 - Clarence 21.11 (137) def. Launceston 10.10 (70) – Windsor Park
Round 15 - Launceston 15.10 (100) def. Clarence 10.5 (65) – Windsor Park (24 July)

LAST TIME THEY MET

Round 15 - Launceston 15.10 (100) def. Clarence 10.5 (65) – Windsor Park (24 July)

LADDER POSITION

Clarence: 1st
Launceston: 2d

PREVIOUS ROUND

Clarence 19.12 (126) def. Lauderdale 9.5 (59) – Lauderdale Sports Ground
Launceston 23.8 (146) def. Hobart 11.6 (72) – TCA Ground

SEASON FORM

Clarence: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWLWWW
Launceston:WLWLLLWWWWWWWWWWWW

FORM OVER THE LAST MONTH

Clarence: LWWW
Launceston: WWWW

SUMMARY

Forget the federal election, it's finals time, and it's the two best teams of 2010 facing each other in the 1st Qualifying Final. Clarence have only lost the one game this season, Launceston were the only team to beat the Roos, both teams are ready to show off their finals credentials in this clash.

Both sides had a relatively easy run into the finals with their last games being against the bottom sides, The Tigers started well against the Blues, opening up a five-point lead at the first change, but having weathered the early Hobart storm, Launceston went up a gear and left the Tigers far behind, eventually going onto a 74-point win. It was an impressive nine-goal to one second term where the Blues pressure caused the home side to continually turn the ball over, leading to easy Launceston goals and set up the big win.

Brian Finch showed why he was the new Hudson Medallist with seven goals for the match to take his season tally to 81. Scott Stephens and Luke French changing between onball and the forward pocket on way to four goals each, while Sam O'Keefe racked up 32 touches and two goals to be the best player on the ground.

For Clarence, they cruised into this weeks clash with an effortless 67-point win over Lauderdale. Trent Standen continued his outstanding first season in the TSL with five gaols, giving him 54 for the season. Clinton Riley, Matthew Drury, and Aaron French all managed to get on the goal scorers list booting three goals each.

The Roos managed to get through the game injury free, and get back captain Nick Paine, veteran defender Cameron Blight and midfield duo Jackson O'Brien, and Matthew Geappen for this huge clash against the Blues.

When they met back in Round 15 during the Split Round at Windsor Park the Blues managed to lead by 15 points at Half Time. But had to withstand a Clarence fight back that saw the Roos claim the lead, only for the home side to steady and run away with a deserving 35-point win. Brian Finch overtook now retired Clarence coach Brett Geappen in the Peter Hudson Medal by booting seven goals which helped the Blues secure the win.

Sam O'Keefe managed 3, while Gary Shipton and Gene Savage were solid in defence, while Andrea Miar dominated the ruck. RACT Player of the Year Scott Stephens tackled Clarence's Clint Riley and the tagger managed to get the better of Stephens. Clarence were missing Cameron Thurley, Josh Green, Adam Green, Ben Setchell, Brennan Savage and Matthew Drury which proved too much for them to cover the Blues that day.

There was only one downside to this win and that was the report and then suspension of tall forward Nathan O'Donoghue for man-handling a field umpire off the ball. He was also reported for wrestling Cameron Blight, he was shown a red card and sent from the field where he had to be restrained by Launceston’s runner. O’Donoghue had just returned to the Blues after serving a one-match club suspension.

The Blues are looking to turnaround last season's disappointment in the finals, and the last half of the season where they struggled to make the finals, and then was eliminated by Devonport. Clarence they are just looking to continue their domination of the league, and teams at Bellerive Oval. The Roos have not lost at the venue since 2008, they had come close to losing there last season against Launceston, inaccurate kicking saw the Roos manage to sneak home.

PLAYER TO WATCH

Cameron Blight (Clarence) –
This could be possibly his last season in the TSL, the veteran defender has been one of the competitions best defenders, and he will be needed to keep Brian Finch from booting another big bag, the Roos may swing Blight and Sharman onto Finch and try and shut him down.

Brian Finch (Launceston) – The new Peter Hudson medal has been on fire of late, he lead the demolition of the Tigers last week, and was able to boot a few goals against the Roos last time out. The Roos are going to need their defenders to be on their toes.

QUESTION MARKS

There has been some massive ins for the Roos, and they have looked shaky at times this season, but now we are in the finals will Clarence continue their domination and prove their loss was just that one off, or are they going to find some more issues?

Launceston haven't travelled that often down to Hobart, and have said they are not worried about the trip, last season their finals ended against Devonport, they have a double chance this season, can the Blues stand up when it really counts?

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Clarence are going to go into this game as favourites, they are the benchmark of the season, and have not yet lost a game at Bellerive Oval, they have some big ins regaining players that have been missing because of injury here and there, the Blues also get back their ruckman Andrea Miar who had suffered a shoulder injury, he was not risked last week, you have to wonder how fit he really is for the Blues.

This really should be one of the closet games for this weekend, the Magpie battle up Devonport could be a blowout like it was earlier in the season, so we are going to see the two favourites for the flag battle in what could be another struggle which sees a close ending, the game would also make the mouth water at the prospect of these two facing off for the flag in 3 weeks time.

PREDICTION

Clarence by 10 points

Last edited by Maj on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.talkfooty.com.au
Share this post on: reddit

1st Qualifiying Final Clarence vs Launceston Teams & Preview :: Comments

Very good blog but you failed bad with the links, so I fixed em up.
Thanks, they sometimes screw up, I posted it to my Talk Footy one, figured I'd post it here too. Wink

I have two more to do, Glenorchy and Devonport, plus the Elimination Final.

I may do the Elimination final one tomorrow night...Very Happy

That's if I can be bothered after the footy.Wink
Haha ok, and I though I might let you know you didn't just screw it up. You f***ed it up badly, there were codes everywhere, looked like a bomb hit it... Nevertheless you are a bit of a fail so I didn't expect too much from you Very Happy

Joking, luv ya xx Smile
I blame.....who can I blame, hm, I am not sure maybe the Gold Coast, yes their fault.
From now on we will blame everything on Gold Coast, yeah? I am happy with that.

1st Qualifiying Final Clarence vs Launceston Teams & Preview

Page 1 of 1