Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maj
Official Blogger
Maj

Gold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife Empty
PostGold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife

The draft pool is going to be a weakened one of the next coupe of seasons, which could see clubs start to look at possibly drafting former players and give them a lifeline. One such player is Jason Cloke who has been playing VFL since his career at Collingwood came to an end with him being delisted.

The Gold Coast could look at Cloke as a mature aged player for their list, the Gold Coast has taken former Pie players Sam Iles, and Danny Stanley already as well as giving Daniel Harris a lifelife as well.

Jason Cloke has been playing some good football for VFL side Bendigo, and he is only 28 as well and we all have seen the emergence of James Podsiadly who is a year old than Cloke playing in the Geelong side. Podsiadly was overlooked by a couple of teams, while playing VFL he managed to turn a negative into a positive, Cloke could go from a defender to a forward.

It might be worth the risk if teams are looking at getting some draftees into their side if the draft pool gets even shallower over the next couple of years. Gold Coast do have a lot of picks, and with their recruiting of players from other sides as well it gives them an extra pick as well, so a late pick could be used to see Cloke find a new home and a new shot at the AFL.

But would it work out? Sure there are a lot of risk, Collingwood took a risk on Leigh Brown and that is now paying off for them, the Pies have also tried to take a chance with both Simon Buckley, and Anthony Corrie. Corrie was traded to Collingwood for Pick 93 in the National Draft, a pick which the Lions later passed on.

Even if the Gold Coast risked it all and took him, that could land the other Cloke, with Travis waiting until seasons end to discuss his contract, Collingwood are offering him a reduced contract to keep players at the club, Collingwood may also lose Lockyer, Presti, and O'Bree at seasons end retiring from the side.

Josh Fraser's name has been raised as a possible player that could move up there, Fraser cannot break into the Collingwood line up, it's looking less and less likely he will play his 200th in black and white. With the ins this week, his name was not mentioned, another name mentioned was John Anthony who has the West Coast Eagles looking at taking him up there.

Gold Coast are reportedly interested in him, Anthony if he plays on Saturday Night may find himself playing a last game, should he not perform against the Crows. These players all could find a new home at the Gold Coast, Jason Cloke could find a new spot on an AFL list.

But who would take him? There were rumors that he was going to be drafted by Essendon if he made the move to Bendigo, which he later made that move after playing some good football with Williamstown, but he has not gotten the name called out.

Funny enough last season his name was called out during the Brownlow Medal count, that there could inspire clubs to look at him, it's not every day a player not playing AFL has been given a vote in the Brownlow Medal. Andy D never made an attempt to correct himself either, so it would seem that even though people have registered the vote for Travis Cloke, his brother Jason was called out as getting the vote on the night.

But there are some players that could find themselves drafted, would Jason be one of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.talkfooty.com.au
Share this post on: reddit

Gold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife :: Comments

Pav
Re: Gold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:54 pm by Pav
Gold Coast should just die.
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 pm by Maj
Not a fan of the new blog, Pavlenko?
Pav
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 pm by Pav
I love the blog, I love all of your blogs but I hate the Gold Coast, they don't deserve to be in the competition and they certainly don't deserve what they are getting.
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:58 pm by Maj
I am not a fan of the Gold Coast myself, I would rather see a Tasmanian side, but I guess we have to live with the AFL's decisions.
CTT
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:02 pm by CTT
I like the Gold Coast, just to piss you all off Wink
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:05 pm by Maj
High Voltage wrote:
I like the Gold Coast, just to piss you all off Wink

You jumping on the wagon early, eh? I would too if I was a Richmond supporter... Razz
Pav
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm by Pav
Oooooooohhh you gonna take that Volatage, owwnnneeedd. Very Happy
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:10 pm by Maj
He will take it and love it...or he can go to the Gold Coast too. Muhahahaha.
Jakey
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm by Jakey
Gold Coast Rule Very Happy.
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm by Maj
They do, they are already above Port Adelaide. Wink
Jakey
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:56 pm by Jakey
Gold Coast >> Collingwood Wink
Maj
Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm by Maj
Lol, you wish.

When they win 14 premierships someone may take notice.

But if you look at the list they are getting together they are likely to be stronger than the Power..

Gold Coast could give Cloke a lifelife

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Simply Sports Official :: Blogs :: The Official Bloggers :: Mr.Majestic-
Jump to: