Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad role models

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patto
Official Blogger
Patto

Bad role models Empty
PostBad role models

Bad role models

As a young and aspiring cricketer I sat and watched the 2nd day of the Australia Vs West Indies test match, both Haddin’s quick fire 88 and Gayle’s 5th fastest test 100 were inspiring innings and they made the test a pleasure to watch. However the incident between Brad Haddin, Sulieman Benn and Mitchell Johnson was a disgrace, is this really the image of test cricket that should portrayed to upcoming cricketers? No! It’s not in the spirit of the game. These players are in the spot light, representing their country, they’re role models and they should know better.
Bad role models 321d1261069759-tempers-flare-waca-benn

The issue has been dealt with now by the match referee (Chris Broad) but I think he was far too lenient. A message needed to be sent to all players and young cricketers that this will not be tolerated at any level. Sulieman Benn received a two match ban, Haddin lost 25% of his match fee while Johnson lost just the 10%, how could this possibly be enough? I believe all players involved in this incident should have been banned for 2-3 matches. It’s not matter of ‘he said’, ‘she said’, they’re all to blame (including the umpire).

The umpire should have also concluded this incident before it developed. He left it until too late to interfere, he is also partly to blame, and if he dealt with the incident earlier we would not be in this situation now.

As I come out to bat each Saturday morning I assess the field, mark in middle stump with my bat and watch the ‘fast’ bowlers run back 50 metres as though they are Brett Lee. As they reach the crease they are gasping for air and they chuck up a pie which I hit back over their heads for six (I wish). This is all jolly well but the thing I’m getting at is I don’t want to see young cricketers copying their idols which are obviously not the best role models.

Take a look and decide for yourself:
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Bad role models :: Comments

Pav
Re: Bad role models
Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 pm by Pav
You are right, They arent great role models but when people smell victory the get competitiive which leads to this behaiviour, Shane Watson was up next with his audacious celebration, I didnt agree with his actions and good on Chris Gayle for just ignoring his inappriopriate theatrics.
Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:44 pm by Cowboys
Young cricketers are smart enough to know that that's wrong. As if they're going to follow that.
Post  by Sponsored content

Bad role models

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Simply Sports Official :: Blogs :: The Official Bloggers :: Patto-
Jump to: