Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups

Go down 
+4
Choob
NoBallsNoLife
Pav
Jammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Empty
PostSubject: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:59 pm

It has come to my attention that all the forums I visit lack in having a debating centre. So I have decided to add one for SimplySports as this could improve some member's quality of posting. Plus, it could turn out to be quite fun. Here is an overview of the system.

Format/Overview:

This will work like LSA but without the Rankings thread. You basically make your way over to the Challenge thread and ask another member who has signed upto the SSDC to debate against you. This isn't about winning or losing. You basically request for a 'match' thread to be made and you debate in that for a set period of time. The thing which you'll debate upon will be decided by the challenger. After the two members who are debating reach the end of their set time, other members will come to analyze/give opinions about each competitors side of the argument. Here is an example of a challenge:
Name: Jammy
Argument: Global warming exist.
For/Against: I am against this statement and would like someone who is for it to debate with me.

Rules:

- There is not a right or a wrong answer. You just debate upon your beliefs/arguments.
- Swearing/bad language is not permitted. You have to express your arguments in an orderly manner.
- There is not a winner. You just debate for a certain amount of time and then it stops.
- You must post your argument in a detailed way. One word posts will not do.

So, I just want to see how many people would sign up and then I'll take it to the next level by posting the necessary threads. Thank You

Current Sign Ups:

Jammy
Pav
Untouchables_666
Choob
Frapps
Daniel
MTed

Last edited by Jammy on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Brillaint idea!

I'll sign up!
Back to top Go down
https://simplysports.forumotion.com
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Cheers, bruv Smile Com'on peoplez, I need more sign ups. At least 15 before I can get this thing started.
Back to top Go down
NoBallsNoLife
Simply Sports Addict
NoBallsNoLife

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Sign me up untouchables_666
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm

You could be valuble sign up if you post sensibily Smile
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:28 am

Count me in then, I'll do my best but I'm quite lazy when it comes to arguing lol.
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 am

Cheers pal Smile
Back to top Go down
Frapps
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 am

Sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Daniel0308
Official Blogger
Daniel0308

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:15 am

I might as well use it as Debating Practice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

Tbh I am an excellent debater, especially at maths... (smart people would work out the joke) BAH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frapps
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 am

I must say, that joke was ridiculously hilarious...when I was in year 6.
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 am

Yes, I decided to take all of you back to the old primary school jokes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CTT
Global Moderator
CTT

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Won't have much time guys, sorry.. I'm gonna have to sit this out Sad
Back to top Go down
MTed
Official Blogger
MTed

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Genius!

Name: MTed
Debate: Choob's Avatar is da greatest
Side: I am for this statement. What a chest!
Back to top Go down
Daniel0308
Official Blogger
Daniel0308

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Pav_001 wrote:
Tbh I am an excellent debater, especially at maths... (smart people would work out the joke) BAH! Very Happy

No... I iz teh better Maths Debater! Razz

I remember people in my class getting in trouble for using that as a team name for a quiz, they ended up getting changed to Math Team. Razz

Back on topic suckas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks for all these sign ups, lads Very Happy This should be fun...So, do you want to start now or shall we wait for some more people to come through?
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Actually, I'm going to start it now and keep this thread up so more people can come through. I will put up the necessary threads up soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:24 am

Com'on guys! I want to get this going. It could be a great idea if people actually participate...
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Sorry, I've been busy and forgot all about this. Pick a topic and I'll argue the toss Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:01 pm

PLEASE don't toss Razz

Just go over to the Challenge Thread and post a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups   SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SimplySports Debating Column: Rules and Sign Ups
Page 1 of 1