Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Revamp

Go down 
+11
NoBallsNoLife
King_Rizzy
Daniel0308
Jakey
YippeKayye
Stewie
morrison
Callum
smr101
Pav
Choob
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello everyone, hopefully a few of you will read this at the very least. This thread is here just to let you know what we have planned.

Anyone from the Stick Sports gang: hope all is well, hopefully you will stick around for a bit as we find our feet.

Anyone new: Feel free to make a thread and introduce yourself. Again, this isn't much to look at right now, but we're nowhere near done!

Our current direction is not 100% set in concrete. We are looking to build a competition that will a) not require too much effort from the user, b) will create good competitive banter, and c) the rule of 3 sucks. Whether this competition will be the focal point of the forum, we don't know at this point, so we'll take some time with it, have a trial run, see where we go.

We've made it so there's only a General Discussion forum at the moment. Feel free to create a Barclays Premier League thread, a thread about a Cricket series, what you had for dinner last night. Whatever you want. (Just not a random thought thread). Myself and Pav are laid back people, you can swear, talk trash, but if you start harassing people then we will take action. bom

So, this is the transitional phase, bare with us, in the meantime, give us ideas and make threads to your hearts content Smile
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Although we're pretty early in discussions about this new concept we seem to be heading down the right track and we seem to be on the same page now as to what our main focus is going to be for the forum.

The idea that has been put forward is to introduce a massive competition which will be the focal point of the forum. So basically we would give, say, 10 fixtures, of a variety of sports, and users would submit their predictions so if it's football you would predict a final scoreline etc. Points would be given accordingly and we'd have a league table. Now this is where I come in with what I said before about "splashing some cash" prizes will be given to the winner of that particular season. Although we still haven't determined a length for these seasons they will last for a couple of months.

We would like this to be the main part of the forum and we both believe this is something rather unique and has all the qualities to keep users active and continually coming in.

There will obviously be other sections such as General Discussion etc available for our members however it is not our goal to make these other sections the most vital part of the forum as seen in previous sporting forums.

We'd greatly appreciate any feedback/suggestions to this! Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
https://simplysports.forumotion.com
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Give me a few days, I'll do a bit of a brainstorm. Depends when I get time (schedule is pretty ram packed til friday, might get some time tonight, but we'll see)
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 pm

How are we going to attract new members...? Seemed to be a bit of a problem with the last SS. Everyone came quickly (also, they'll be fewer coming back this time) and then left just as fast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Ello Smrfy. It's a legit concern, myself and Pav have had an idea which might work. Still waiting on F1 for his brainstorming. For now, we're just trying to get a few people back, mainly so I can trial my idea Smile
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 am

Hello Chooby Very Happy Feeling good after that dodgy victory for Wales last Friday?

Alright, the prediction game... thing... sounds good. A league with prizes will keep people interested. Hopefully we can get most back, I've sent a few messages out... but it won't be as easy as last time when we went straight from one active forum to a new one in a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

Didn't catch the game actually. But depressed at the state of our play in general and would welcome Mark Hughes back without a seconds thought. Thanks for bringing that up Sad

Thanks for sending some messages. Agreed that this will be a tough job, but I've still got an awkward wait while I don't have a proper job and I'm waiting to start my degree . _______ .
Back to top Go down
Callum
Simply Sports Junkie
Callum

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

I can contact Dan and Jawsey on BATracer.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 am

Choob wrote:
Didn't catch the game actually. But depressed at the state of our play in general and would welcome Mark Hughes back without a seconds thought. Thanks for bringing that up Sad

Thanks for sending some messages. Agreed that this will be a tough job, but I've still got an awkward wait while I don't have a proper job and I'm waiting to start my degree . _______ .

We aren't doing too brilliantly either, barely halfway through the qualiiers and Rio is a no go already.

Ah, nice, what's the degree in?
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 am

callumrulez wrote:
I can contact Dan and Jawsey on BATracer.

Jaws knows, told him on Twitter. I've tried Dan on PSN but he hasn't been on in a few days, would be great if you could get him.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 am

smr101 wrote:
Choob wrote:

We aren't doing too brilliantly either, barely halfway through the qualiiers and Rio is a no go already.

Ah, nice, what's the degree in?

Yeah, but we have the best winger in the world Razz

Politics, Philosophy and Economics.
Back to top Go down
morrison
Simply Sports Junior
morrison

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm

I think it is good idea to keep it at GD for firsts and then to spread out if topics come about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Morri! Great to have you here! How have you been since the Stick Sports days? Smile
Back to top Go down
morrison
Simply Sports Junior
morrison

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I am good ,
ah I hope this place stays a little active, have been missing my daily post at sticksports quite a lot.
(yea I am as sad as this.) lol.
Back to top Go down
Stewie
Simply Sports Member
Stewie

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Coming back on here at right now is like, I can't even describe... strange. Don't know how long I'll be here for, now that I've grown up a little and developed a life (somewhat :p), we'll see Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingpair.com
Pav
Administration
Pav

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

So fcuking good to hear from you buddy! Smile
Back to top Go down
morrison
Simply Sports Junior
morrison

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi stewster , My life is a little domestic at the moment (and soon involving one more person so I guess I have still enough time to come one here. Just too nice to miss the opportunity to chat to you lads again.
Back to top Go down
Stewie
Simply Sports Member
Stewie

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm

I love you Paavvvyyy baby <3

morrison wrote:
Hi stewster , My life is a little domestic at the moment (and soon involving one more person so I guess I have still enough time to come one here. Just too nice to miss the opportunity to chat to you lads again.
Hi Morri! Good to see you!

Feeling a little nostalgic at the moment, how does that work? :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingpair.com
YippeKayye
Simply Sports Member
YippeKayye

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 am

I've been missing practically having a second life online too, I'll stick around for a bit and hopefully I'll come on and post as much as I can I hope this sticks around for a while Very Happy (we really need a SSFMC kinda thing, that was insaneeee).
Back to top Go down
Jakey
Simply Sports Addict
Jakey

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 pm

AND NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.

So happy this is back. Memories!

Stew babe <3 (The 2nd Law sukd Sad )

Pav! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sportschat-666.forumotion.com/index.htm
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 am

Hello gang. Progress has been hindered somewhat by both me and Pav being ILL. I'm ok now, still waiting for a response from the big man. But yes, basically no coordination the past month has fucked us a bit,
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 am

Was wondering where everyone had gone... Seems like I've been sitting talking to myself on here =P
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 am

I actually talk to myself for motivation lol it don't make you crazy trust me... D:

I should say I don't really know if Pav is ill, just that he's been to hospital so it could literally be anything. I'm hoping for the best, something non threatening/comedic, so yeah.

And I, well, don't even wanna go there. But probably will if someone asks because I'm so bad at keeping anything private fmlfmlfmflmflmflmlfml
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 am

Hey everyone! Really sorry for all this! I'll try to get back on and posting as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:29 am

No problem... You feeling better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Revamp
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Simply Sports Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: