Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-_-

Go down 
+8
F1-mania
King_Rizzy
Choob
YippeKayye
Pav
JoshDragon
kingkingston
ag6858
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Would you believe me if I said "I totally called it"? Laughing

Right now we're looking for ideas, to make this forum a bit more niche than "sports", any ideas are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Alright bellends. Been what, 6 months at least since I've spoken to any of you? Makes me feel a little bit sad if I'm honest. Had to coincide with my last year in school too, feels like my childhood died a little bit in the process.

So, so up for a bit of a revival. Might no longer be able to dedicate the ridiculous number of hours I threw into SS, with Uni and whatever, but definitely very up for having somewhere to go and post a bit. When I'm bored I feel at a loss without having a decent forum, so this would be delightfully key.

The only issue is, how on earth do you plan on getting this to work any way smoothly? Myself, Ridah and anybody else who put work into the unofficial Stick Sports Forum tried as hard as we could to maintain some form of member flow and keep the forum going, but without a big host forum to effectively leech off, or some site that you can be partners with this thing is going to die a quick (though pretty painless) death.

Also, just like to point out, just to show you how long it's been since I've posted on a forum, I tried to hit enter there to submit my posts. Also reckon this is the longest thing I've written since the leaving cert, which is both sad and disappointing, love a good ramble! Anyway, time for some ctrl -s , gotta love the macbook!

(apparently the ctrl s shortcut also doesn't work, devastated)
Back to top Go down
King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

A very valid point by JakStat there. A member flow is crucial, and honestly, I don't see a regular flow of members coming in! Unless we do something unique.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Sup F1. If we can get a reunion going, that's a good start. Then, as I said before, look for something more niche, then the next step, whatever that is. How's life mate?
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Decent mate! In uni now, which is pretty sweet. Studying up in Edinburgh, so I've finally become one of those vile creatures (UK residents). Getting settled in and all that, which is pretty difficult, odd bit of homesickness etc etc, but it's all turning out pretty good at the moment, just need to try get everything going more the way I would like it to go rather than the way others do (i.e rather not go out 4 times a week).

But sure, we'll see how all of that works out. Just need to find more mates or something, having a fresh start is tough if you know what I mean. But yeah, other than that, finished school, which was stellar, turned into a school and club hero in hockey which is always extremely nice. Been generally pretty decent, even if I can't think of all the much noteworthy that's happened, or at least nothing that people would be particularly interested in on the forum, unless you know what 560 points in the leaving cert means, as that's basically been all that's dominated my life since the forum shut down.

How's things with my favourite lad from Ealing?
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I've always thought of fresh starts as opportunities to convince people I'm not a freak. I think people not having any preconception of you makes it easier you know? Different strokes I guess, haha.

As for moi, I'm doing volunteer work, right now at a library, also was at a soup kitchen. It's great, and girls love it. What they don't love is when they find out I don't have a paid job Laughing I'm gonna look for one and start martial arts soon. Also starting my part time degree soon, well in a few months, Politics, Philosophy and Economics (I'm indecisive by nature).

And, yes, seething about Cardiff City. Can't even look at them in red.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:19 pm

I've stopped with following Cardiff after that debacle. And yeah, PPE, the course that screams "I don't have a clue what I want to do".

Living by myself is rough though is all I'll say.

You were correct about FIFA by the way, even if everybody seems to be a dick. Just played some lad who scored on 20 minutes and passed around the back for the remaining 70. Such a joke of a game.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Hahaha yeah, I'm not studying it for any particular career path, more for self improvement you could say.

I assumed you'd be on campus? Or at the very least in some sort of Fresh Meat scenario where you end up living with a buncha freaks.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Well, sort of. I'm in private halls. Unfortunately I'm in a studio apartment, which obviously has some serious plus points, even if there's a few big negatives. Plus points are that I can do with it what I like, if I want it clean I clean it, and if I don't I don't need to clean it and all. Unfortunately though, the complex has no common room or common area, which means that I have nowhere to go to just hang out with people. If you're at least in a shared apartment you could at least hang out in the kitchen or something, but here I have nowhere. if I'm by myself then I don't really have anywhere to go to just talk to people, which gets me a little bit. But sure, only here for a year and then I'd say I'll probably move in with mates or something.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 pm

That sounds pretty cool actually, speaking as an introvert (not the socially retarded type mind).

Missed out on promotion on Season 1 Sad I think I might need to let go of Napoli, no Lavezzi, and also no licensed shirt and badge is pretty gay. Ugh, yes I said gay, that's what paying attention to American culture does to you.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 pm

It's deadly, but you'd be surprised how often you get lonely. And stop using gay, you poofter Wink
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm

So ronery Sad

I'd love that situation I reckon, as long as I wasn't knocking around the place TOO long. Gotta get out and work. Nights in>nights out for me though.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 am

Oh yeah, but I love the good old FIFA night. Can't really beat it. But playing FIFA against a mate is always a key night. Great banter.

But, when you do that 7 nights a week you get a bit bored.
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am

F1! Good to hear from you again mate! I do completely agree with what you're saying in regards to all of this, to get this all back up and to maintain a consistency in user activity that will allow us to have a successful forum. So pretty much wee are looking to move down a path that is completely different to the rest. Choob has already put forward a couple of unique ideas and I am currently working on some which could potentially work, I am willing to splash some cash to get an active forum back up again.

Because of the obvious time differences between us I will be up until late for the next few weeks and available to talk if you want to talk through any ideas, if I'm not online just pass the ideas through to Choob or e-mail/ PM me I'll get to it pretty quickly!
Back to top Go down
https://simplysports.forumotion.com
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Pav wrote:
F1! Good to hear from you again mate! I do completely agree with what you're saying in regards to all of this, to get this all back up and to maintain a consistency in user activity that will allow us to have a successful forum. So pretty much wee are looking to move down a path that is completely different to the rest. Choob has already put forward a couple of unique ideas and I am currently working on some which could potentially work, I am willing to splash some cash to get an active forum back up again.

Because of the obvious time differences between us I will be up until late for the next few weeks and available to talk if you want to talk through any ideas, if I'm not online just pass the ideas through to Choob or e-mail/ PM me I'll get to it pretty quickly!

Well la di da bounce

Jks, my fault I don't have money anyway Razz

Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 am

By the way, guess which SS member I met in person today?!!
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 am

Who who who?!?
Back to top Go down
https://simplysports.forumotion.com
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

Jaws?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 am

Spot on. He was playing for Stirling in a hockey match straight after me. He's shorter than I imagined!
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Haha, how short are we talking? 5'5?
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Nah, like, not really short, but not particularly tall. Suppose it's difficult to gauge height from a facebook profiler.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 pm

F1-mania wrote:
Spot on. He was playing for Stirling in a hockey match straight after me. He's shorter than I imagined!

Ha ha, must have been a strange meeting... Did you call him Jaws or Jacob? Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
Daniel0308
Official Blogger
Daniel0308

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 am

Speaking of Jaws we've been teaming up in BATracer for a while now. Very Happy

Btw hello. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am

Hello everyone. Long time no see Smile
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 am

So anyway, I'm willing to contribute to all the forum revival stuff. I finish school 5th November so I'll be free to do whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

-_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -_-   -_- - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-_-
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Simply Sports Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: