Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Revamp

Go down 
+11
NoBallsNoLife
King_Rizzy
Daniel0308
Jakey
YippeKayye
Stewie
morrison
Callum
smr101
Pav
Choob
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
ag6858

Forum Revamp - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 4:08 am

smr101 wrote:
F1-mania wrote:
*echo*

Hello? Who's there?

*subsequent echo*
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 am

ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
F1-mania wrote:
*echo*

Hello? Who's there?

*subsequent echo*

HELLO? ANYONE?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
ag6858

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 11:36 am

smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
F1-mania wrote:
*echo*

Hello? Who's there?

*subsequent echo*

HELLO? ANYONE?!

Dw, turns out it's just Madeleine Mcann.

Also, bless those topic reply emails.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 am

ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
F1-mania wrote:
*echo*

Hello? Who's there?

*subsequent echo*

HELLO? ANYONE?!

Dw, turns out it's just Madeleine Mcann.

Also, bless those topic reply emails.

Oh dear.

Reply e-mails? I’ve been refreshing this page every hour for the last 8 months waiting for someone to post.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:55 am

Hello. Smile

Anyone else get a random email newsletter? I forgot this place existed.
Back to top Go down
kingkingston
Simply Sports Member
kingkingston

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Blade wrote:
Hello. Smile

hello Smile yeah i saw the notice in the inbox. currently working on my own website

hope you are keeping well
Back to top Go down
http://hoopsfans.net/
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Blade wrote:
Hello. Smile

It went to my junk, but I got an email about this reply.

Hope everyone is doing well, could do with an active Stick Sports forum to waste time on right now!
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 1:18 am

Good to hear from some of you again!

God Stick Sports seems so long ago now. It would've been nice if they had archived the forums.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 am

Blade wrote:
Good to hear from some of you again!

God Stick Sports seems so long ago now. It would've been nice if they had archived the forums.

Yeah, I can now only imagine how cringe my posts were at that age.

Was looking back through the old posts in this thread and sounds like it’s been over 8 years since Stick Sports closed, crazy.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 pm

I decided to fly on here again to see if it still existed.

Seems it does. There's even been a flurry of activity since I was last on 2 and a half years ago.

Hope lockdown has treated everybody well and that everybody's thriving in whatever they've set their minds to in the post Stick Sports days.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:01 pm

I realise double posting is discouraged, but I thought that any form of additional activity may be a good thing.

I reread through the thread and what an utter mess I am in the early pages. I can only assume my persona was even more of a gobshite back on the old forum.

I spotted the reddit again though. I actually somewhat use that these days because I need somewhere to waste my time when I'm not thesis writing. Would consider throwing another few posts in the ring there to see what everybody is up to. Alternatively, leave any major life developments here and I suppose I'll see them in another couple of years! Anybody else still in contact with any forum members? I speak to WS/Shauny about the cricket the odd time, and randomly bumped into Jawsey in the middle of Scotland once.

I need to admit I can't actually remember every one of the users who has posted on here, which is slightly embarrassing. Crying or Very sad Good to feed the nostalgia though!
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Hello F1! Looks like I get emails whenever anyone posts here.

Things haven’t been too bad in Sydney. Aside from an initial lockdown in March/April things feel reasonably normal.

So after a protracted period of study I found a job last year in mental health research which I’ve been loving. Looking to start a PhD soon once I’ve settled on a project idea, and possibly go on to medical school after that.

Daniel0308 is going alright too. He’s still living with our parents; I moved out last year. Other than that I haven’t heard much from anyone else.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 4:14 pm

That's very exciting. What area the PhD be in? Psychology or something down those lines?

I'm just in the final months of one, hoping to submit in the middle of March. Recommender Systems and Sports Data Analytics for anybody that knows what that is. Basically, I've been using computers to automatically generate training advice for marathon runners. I'm meant to be starting a post doc funded by Samsung once it's all over, which should be interesting.

Not sure I could imagine going back to another form of education once this is done, never mind medical school. Hope it all works out well for you though.

I've a friend that moved to Sydney about two years ago. He's spent the past 6 or so months laughing at us as Ireland, and Scotland (where he's from and I lived for a period) have been in near constant lock down. I think Ireland might have the highest rate per capita at the moment, but hopefully the end is in sight with the vaccines.

Also, forgot to add that Battrick is my new time waste of choice. Anybody who sees this should rejoin because it's a reasonable way to waste 10 minutes a day. The forums do take some getting used to however.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 2:18 am

Yes it will be in the psychology/psychiatry area. The idea I've been looking into recently is evaluating models of psychiatric classification for their ability to predict treatment response.

Your area of research sounds pretty interesting! I've been getting into machine learning techniques myself recently; I've applied it in a few papers we've done for work and I could definitely see myself using it for my PhD. I think Daniel would ideally want to go into sports statistics as well, but most of the jobs we've come across seem to require you to do a doctorate which he isn't particularly keen on. Looks like you're set though!

Yes I'm still on the fence about medical school. Working with patients in addition to doing research would be certainly be rewarding, but there are some practical aspects as well. Unfortunately I get the impression that there aren't too many opportunities in Australia for pure researchers in my field. I have been doing some study on the side to become an accredited biostatistician, so I could have that to fall back on, but I'm keeping my options open for now. The other (less time-consuming) option would be becoming a clinical psychologist, but they don't prescribe medications which is something I'd be interested in.

I'm still maintaining (BB) Maxx CC on Battrick as well. Don't have enough time to devote to it as I used to, but I don't think I'd ever allow myself to go bot for nostalgic reasons. Mostly I just use my team to train U19s and a NAT or two.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
Choob

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 1:13 pm

Holy shit it's been a while. I tried logging in a couple of years ago but couldn't for the life of me remember my password. It was P@ssword all along. Anyways happy new year to the 2 people who will read this, let's hope things improve in 2022.

Maybe we could get the gang back together, I wonder what a Stick Sports Forum reunion would look like? 🤔 (I probably wrote something like this 6 years ago)
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 1:28 am

Happy new year!

Looks like returning to the forum is becoming an annual tradition now. Laughing

smr101 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
Pav

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2022 2:52 pm

Something reminded me about this place. Incredible that people still get on here and post.

Fuck me what a time this was

Blade and smr101 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://simplysports.forumotion.com
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 9:13 am

F1-mania wrote:
I realise double posting is discouraged, but I thought that any form of additional activity may be a good thing.

I reread through the thread and what an utter mess I am in the early pages. I can only assume my persona was even more of a gobshite back on the old forum.

I spotted the reddit again though. I actually somewhat use that these days because I need somewhere to waste my time when I'm not thesis writing. Would consider throwing another few posts in the ring there to see what everybody is up to. Alternatively, leave any major life developments here and I suppose I'll see them in another couple of years! Anybody else still in contact with any forum members? I speak to WS/Shauny about the cricket the odd time, and randomly bumped into Jawsey in the middle of Scotland once.

I need to admit I can't actually remember every one of the users who has posted on here, which is slightly embarrassing. Crying or Very sad Good to feed the nostalgia though!

Out of nowhere stick sports just popped into my head again, as it seems to do every few years! Slight panic as I couldn’t remember the name of this forum, but I’ve found my way!

I 100% agree with you on this place being a good reminder of how annoying your past self was (me, not you!). Maybe the only silver lining with the old forum being gone, no way to see those embarrassing posts now.

You mentioned a Reddit, what’s it called? I’m on there occasionally as well.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Simply Sports Member
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 11:25 am

Hello again smr!

Blade wrote:
Looks like returning to the forum is becoming an annual tradition now.

Yep haha. See you all in 2024.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 1:34 pm

Blade wrote:
Hello again smr!

Blade wrote:
Looks like returning to the forum is becoming an annual tradition now.

Yep haha. See you all in 2024.

Hello Blade! A same day response, and they said this forum was dead? See you next year.

Blade likes this post

Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
smr101

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 1:40 pm

Pav wrote:
Something reminded me about this place. Incredible that people still get on here and post.

Fuck me what a time this was

Nice to hear from you again Pav, how’s life?

I’ve just had a memory of you helping me install a cracked version of Football Manager (2008?) via MSN chat. I had a good few months on it before my laptop started crashing and my dad questioned me on what all these odd downloads were for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2023 9:56 pm

In my head I hop on here to see if folk are still alive about once a year when it comes into my head. Turns out it’s been nearly 3!

I was 13 when I started on Stick Sports, I just turned 30. That means that the F1-mania persona is nearly ready for it’s first legal pint!

Blade likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Forum Revamp - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Revamp
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Simply Sports Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: